MIDDLE SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
Middle School students will learn to reach their personal potential as competent, self-reliant, literate, and responsible individuals in a motivating academic environment.
1. ...students, teachers, staff, administration, parents, and the community are successful in a working environment that fosters collaboration and values mutual support.
2. ...students learn best when lessons have been developed to reflect the various learning styles and multiple intelligences of students while delivering content in a variety of settings.
3. ...students are more successful and gain specific knowledge and skills with appropriate, hands-on, authentic tasks that have been skillfully crafted and modeled by instructional staff.
4. ...everyone performs best in an environment that is safe, nurtures self-worth, and self-confidence, and encourages respectful, positive behaviors.
5. ...students become independent readers and life-long learners through the development of informational literacy and continual library use.
6. ...students perform best when expectations across content areas are focused, clear, consistent, challenging, and require high quality work.
7. ...technology is a learning tool which serves to enhance educational programming.
Welcome to the Malone Central School District. Malone’s Schools are Malone’s future and the entire staff is committed to providing each student with an educational experience that maximizes their potential, so that Malone's future will be bright and prosperous. To achieve these desired outcomes, we have a comprehensive Pre-k through grade 12 program of instruction, as well as, high quality co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities. A central aspect of our program relies on partnering with the families we serve and the community at large.
Our District has a long-standing tradition of excellence thanks to eager learners, supportive parents and residents, and dedicated teachers. We invite you to explore our district calendar and our web site to learn more about us and what defines an excellent education.
In Malone Central School District, we blend tradition with innovation in a highly personalized learning environment. Our students are offered multiple opportunities for success in academics, extra-curricular activities, arts, athletics, leadership and service learning. It is our mission to help every student become their best self. We do that by building an educational environment centered on the whole child. Ultimately, we hope that Malone Central students graduate ready to be responsible citizens and life-long learners
During the 2017-2018 school year we will have three overarching goals as a district. These are listed below:
Goal 1: Malone CSD will implement methods and strategies used to encourage student engagement in the classroom by creating learning environments that are active, collaborative, rigorous and foster learning relationships.
Goal 2: Malone CSD will put systems in place to promote a socially and emotionally safe learning environment for all students helping them develop a sense of self-worth and feel effective as they deal with daily responsibilities and challenges.
Goal 3: Malone CSD will develop measureable goals that ensure a rigorous curriculum for students in each grade level and department using student performance data to drive instruction and decisions.
I am excited to begin my fifth year as superintendent of Malone Central Schools. I have a strong child-centered philosophy when it comes to education. I hold high expectations for all of our stakeholder groups. For our faculty and staff across the district I want us all to treat every child as if he/she were our own. No matter how old a student gets that boy or girl is still someone's baby. We have an awesome responsibility to care for that child. For our parents I encourage you to be involved in your child's education even as they grow up and enter middle and high school. I encourage parents to become actively involved in our district through the parent-teacher organizations, attending school events or simply reaching out to your child's teacher. Most importantly I expect our students to try their best while in school, ask for help if needed, be respectful of others and to make decisions that will lead to a healthy lifestyle.
Finally you should hold high expectations for me as your superintendent. I have a son who attends our district. I try to view everything we do by wearing my "father" hat. This helps to put me in a similar position as our parents across the district. I will work hard to ensure that we are providing a rich and rigorous curriculum and that our buildings are safe both emotionally and physically.
Working together we can maximize the potential of each and every student and ensure a bright and prosperous future for the greater Malone community. Raising inquisitive, creative, smart, healthy children requires a team effort, and as your Superintendent, I am committed to partnering with you, our staff and our community to support the success of every student in our schools.
Here’s to a great year in 2017-2018!
Superintendent of Schools
Printable Bell Schedule
Calendar & Events
Bullying & Harassment Form
For students: Google Drive Login